Monday 28 September 2009

Keeping up dated

Yep, I have left it far too long to update this blog, all the good intentions got side tracked by beer and sleep - not necessarily alone ;-)

What have I been up to for these past couple of weeks? Apart from the above mentioned, I have been really busy cracking on with my Divemaster course, which I have finally finished and just awaiting my cert with PADI and my PADI number. The hardest part was probably the stamina swims, one in particular - the 100m diver tow, it nearly killed me, maybe I shouldn't have had 10 fags that morning before the swim. But that's one course down and many to go.

On Saturday 19th September I got to take part in "Project AWARE International Clean up Day" on Chaweng Beach. A lot of divers turned out for a great days diving where we collected sacks and stacks of rubbish from the shallow sea bed. Loads of plastic and glass bottles, a few sacks/bags, pipes and some one even retrieved an encrusted plastic patio chair.



Here's a picture of all who went on the clean up outside the dive shop/center - Planet Scuba or Samui International Dive School. The clean up was followed by a nice barbecue and a few beers (again) back at the shop. This lead onto a night in Lamai to watch Thai lady boxing, but only saw a couple of fights including a K'Toy (Lady Boy) fight, which was......errrr.......interesting.
Yesterday as I planned and hoped, I started my instructor course, starting with two days of prep (red-tape, exams and skills in the pool). So, if I pass, I should finish and be an instructor in a couple of weeks, if this bout of food poisoning subsides that is.


Here are the candidates in the classroom: (from front to back) Olivier, myself, Gregory, Bruno, James (doing his IDCS instructor) and Paul (a staff instructor - staffing the IDC). The only one not in this picture is Camille, our course director. For better info you can find his blog spots on "My Blog List" on this page.

Thanks to Camille for letting me steel the pictures, I really should remember to take my camera out every where.


1 comment:

  1. FOOD poisoning? How did that hapen, when it's a well-known fact that over here we all consume all our calories in alcohol...?

    PS Yu have got to try out Churrasco some time - I had the most melt-in-the-mouth fillet steak there tonight. Beautiful. I could have cried when it was finished!

    ReplyDelete